Copious amounts of mosquitoes are still buzzing around Texas as the heat lingers on. There has never seemed to be any rationale as to how mosquitoes choose whom to bite – until now. Tech Insider, a website of all things technology and science, put together a list of seven things that influence mosquitoes to bite you.
1. Blood type O tends to attract more mosquitoes.
2. Pregnant women – because of the extra heat they produce.
3. Having alcohol in your system.
4. Certain body smells attract mosquitoes while others repel mosquitoes.
5. Skin microbes – “people with more types of bacteria living on their skin were less attractive to mosquitoes.”
6. “Mosquitoes like people who emit more carbon dioxide”
7. Lactic acid produced while working out is released through your sweat is attractive to mosquitoes.
However, Tech Insider, notes that the studies were done on several different types of mosquitoes, so it depends on what type is near you. See the article for details on all of the studies used.
At Certified Termite & Pest Control, we know just what is needed to lower the number of mosquitoes at your home. Get the mosquito protection you need as the Texas heat sticks around. We also offer Pest Control Service! For more information call: Austin – (512) 676-0828, Houston – (713) 878-0182, San Antonio – (210) 727-5990, Dallas/Fort Worth – (972) 852-2847.