It’s much easier to prevent an infestation than to get rid of pests after they’ve found a cozy retreat inside the home. We recommend the following tips to keep homes rodent-free this winter:
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home, including areas where utilities and pipes enter, using caulk, steel wool or a combination of both.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys.
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly.
- Inspect items such as boxes, grocery bags and other packages brought into the home.