A Man Causes An Explosion Trying To Kill Cockroaches
When it comes to exterminating insect pests, sometimes it is best to call a professional. You would think that operating a can of bug spray would be a straightforward matter, and certainly not dangerous. However, you may want to rethink that as a man from Australia nearly blew himself up recently after using a can of bug spray to kill a few cockroaches.
In fairness, the explosion was not caused solely by the can of bug spray; instead, it is believed that the man had lit a match in his home after spraying his entire house with bug spray. Unfortunately, the man did not see fit to read the directions on the can of bug spray. If he had read the directions, he would have surely noticed the warning concerning the highly flammable aerosol. Unfortunately, he did not, and as a result a significant amount of property damage occurred. The man sustained lacerations to his hand and head. Due to his injuries, the man was sent to the hospital for treatment. Luckily, the property damage did not go beyond the kitchen area, and the other inhabitants of the house are in good health. Hopefully this roaches were killed in the explosion.
In other less exciting cockroach-related news, two children from Milwaukee have been rescued from a home with an extensive cockroach, bed bed bug and rodent infestation. According to the sheriff the two kids were three and eight years old. When police arrived at the home they discovered the children with nothing on except for shirts, and the home smelled like feces. The children were only noticed because police were attempting to serve their parents with court papers. Child protective services were immediately contacted in order to relocate the children to a safe home. The house has now been handed over to the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s office as evidence of child neglect.
Do you use bug spray regularly? Do you think that a bed bug infestation could be harmful to children?